Monday, October 09, 2006

Sex for Sale

Before I get into this post, I want to make one thing clear. I have had it with these motherfucking earthquakes in motherfucking Tokyo! After a few days of frequent, minor earthquakes, I thought everything was finished for awhile. Either the big one would hit and I'd be posting this from a pile of rubble, or the ground would stop shaking and let me sleep for five damn minutes in peace. But no, that would be too easy. The earthquakes abated for awhile last month, but recently started up again, so now EVERY SINGLE TIME I fall asleep a little earthquake hits, waking me up.

Of course, were disaster to strike, I have a rigorous preparedness routine already in place.
  1. Wake up, somewhat confused.
  2. Come to the realization that the house is shaking.
  3. Wonder whether or not this will get worse and I'll need to collect my most precious belongings (my computer) and flee.
  4. Assume it won't and go back to sleep.
If it finally happens, expect to get your first glimpses of post-apocalyptic Tokyo right here.

Having gotten that out of the way, this post is going to be continuing with last post's theme of hot, filthy sex. However, this time the sex is between consenting adults, one of which is getting paid for it!

Keep in mind, I live a little ways outside of the main city area of Tokyo. Shibuya is right near the center of it, both physically and culturally. When you see movies or images of Japan, with large billboards and giant screens and masses of people, Shibuya is often featured. If you saw the latest Fast and the Furious (which you really shouldn't), much of the movie takes place right there. Shibuya is pretty much the core of youth culture in Tokyo. Right in front of the station, near the Hachi Kou dog statue, the entire area is usually crowded with all the colorful different tribes of Tokyo, from the ridiculously sexy, high-class, materialistic girls, identifiable by their ridiculously expensive brands, flawless hairstyles, and their total lack of interest in you (or anybody else not pulling in investment banker salaries), to the punk style, hooded-shawl wearing girl in necktie and platforms. Then there are the people with blue hair. As always, weaving in and out of the crowd are a healthy population of foreigners, the tourists usually looking around sort of confused and amazed, and the regulars usually trying to get some ass. It's really fun to watch, especially when you see a new tribe pop up. I think I saw the founding member of the white frosted tip hair and Napoleon Dynamite-style moonboots club. Normally I would've tagged him for later tracking, but I had forgotten my gun that night.

At any rate, I recently found myself in Shibuya to meet one of my students for a lesson, but I had arrived too early and had some time to kill. I hung around a bit right near the station, checking things out, but ended up wandering. Shibuya is all money and style, with large buildings, artistic architecture, billboards, etc, and once you get to the adult parts, it's still Shibuya-style. Many of the love hotels, where people head with a partner for some quick, discreet, action, and sex-related shops are situated in the same area, just beyond a large archway with a gigantic image of Pac-Man on it. In Shibuya, the love hotels end up looking more like sex castles. This place is also completely awesome, because you'll see tons of people coming out that you know just fucked. Also all the arcades are right nearby.

So naturally, I'm on my way there, not even to the arch yet, just around the corner from the station, and I pass a girl in a grey sweater. I couldn't tell her age at all because she didn't seem that old but she just looked worse for the wear. Like she'd been through a lot of shit and it left her looking sort of beat up and tired. She was standing there as I passed, and sort of staring at me. Now, in Japan, the reactions you'll get vary, from people who are openly amazed to see you, mouth agape, staring at the foreigner, to girls that are interested who give you the inviting look, to, what you'll most often encounter in Tokyo, the I don't give a shit, I'm not interested in looking at you at all reaction. This girl wasn't giving any of those looks. In some countries, prostitutes yell at you to get your attention. In Amsterdam, they would just stand in the window, mostly naked, and gesture to you. This girl just gave a look, the I will fuck you for money look. Running the gamut of prostitution advertisement approaches, you could call it very subtle and restrained, but in terms of Japanese body language and social norms, it was like she had a neon sign pointing to her tits.

I moved on past her, a bit strapped for time and also not really that interested in paid sex with somebody that looks like they fell into a meat grinder. I quickly took in a cheap, low-quality meal at my favorite shitty donburi chain restaurant, Yoshinoya, then crossed the street to arcade-and-sex town. I saw two teams of high-school kids, girlfriends nearby, playing this awesome-looking Gundam game, where you each control your own robot and battle each other in a city where the buildings magically take no damage from bullets, rockets, or laser swords. I got to see a ton of girls in short skirts, and I passed a love hotel with some guy actually screaming inside. If you've ever played Killer 7 and remember when you're in your trailer and there are people just screaming like they're being tortured, that's pretty much exactly it. Somewhere, balls were being tortured.

Eventually though, deep into the place, I started hitting all the low quality, cheap love hotels. The grey, non-descript buildings that feature their low hourly rates right on the front, on regularA4 printer paper. Actually, that's all they feature. These love hotels have no names or brands, they are just boxes for having sex in. That's when I came upon something amazing. It was a sex-themed cafe/bar where every single piece of furniture or decoration, down to the ashtrays, wash shaped like a penis or a vagina. I took some pictures here:





Satisfied with my discovery, and ready for my lesson, I turned back towards the station, when who should I encounter but my favorite member of the wildlife of the cheap-sex forest, beat-up hooker girl! This time, she had a new friend, a tubby little bearded guy, who was pretty animated about something. She gave me another look, this time it was the, this could've been you about to fuck me for money look. Then they disappeared together into the love hotel with the cheapest advertised rate, a big 3,500 right on the front. Isn't that sweet.

del.icio.us

Digg it

Yahoo MyWeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home